Schedule online or you can call or text me at: 970-361-0477
I have the practical knowledge and hands on experience of building homes.
There is no substitute for hands on experience.
As the son of a home builder, I was on the job site in one way or another from the time I could walk. In my lifetime I have built new homes, performed remodels, and done renovation work for myself and various companies in Gunnison, Crested Butte, and Colorado Springs. I have also performed all the maintenance and upgrades on my own homes and fix up cabin as well as helped friends and family with their maintenance and home improvement projects.
I have the pleasure of educating other inspectors on how to perform home inspections.
I am a Certified Master Inspector®
I follow the CMI's code of Ethics
The Master Inspector Certification Board promotes a high standard of professionalism, business ethics and inspection procedures. Certified Master Inspectors® subscribe to the following Code of Ethics in the course of their business:
1. Duty to the Public
1. Duty to the Public
- The Certified Master Inspector® shall have completed 1,000 fee-paid inspections and/or hours of inspection-related Continuing Education (combined).
- The Certified Master Inspector® shall have been in the inspection business for at least three years.
- The Certified Master Inspector® will not engage in any practices that could be damaging to the public or that could bring discredit to the home inspection industry.
- The Certified Master Inspector® shall be fair, honest, impartial, and act in good faith in dealing with the public.
- The Certified Master Inspector® will not discriminate in any business activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, familial status, sexual orientation, or handicap, and shall comply with all federal, state and local laws concerning discrimination.
- The Certified Master Inspector® shall be truthful regarding his/her services and qualifications.
- The Certified Master Inspector® will have no conflict of interest with the client, nor will the Certified Master Inspector® accept or offer any third-party commissions, rebates, profits or other benefits.
- The Certified Master Inspector® will not communicate any information about an inspection to anyone except the client without the client’s prior written consent, except where it may affect the safety of others or violate a rule or statute.
- The Certified Master Inspector® shall always act in the interests of the client, unless doing so violates a law or statute.
- The Certified Master Inspector® shall use a written contract that specifies the services to be performed, the limitations of services, and fees.
- The Certified Master Inspector® shall comply with all government rules and licensing requirements of the jurisdiction where s/he conducts business.
- The Certified Master Inspector® shall not perform or offer to perform, for an additional fee, any repairs or associated services to a structure for which the Certified Master Inspector® or Certified Master Inspector’s® company has prepared a home inspection report. This provision shall not include services to components and/or systems which are not included in his/her Standards of Practice.
- The Certified Master Inspector® shall submit to periodic criminal background checks and relinquish his/her Certified Master Inspector® professional designation if ever convicted of a violent crime or felony.
- The Certified Master Inspector® will strive to improve the Inspection Industry by sharing his/her lessons and/or experiences for the benefit of all. This does not preclude the Certified Master Inspector® from copyrighting or marketing his/her expertise to other inspectors or to the public in any manner permitted by law.
- The Certified Master Inspector® shall assist in disseminating and publicizing the benefits of hiring Certified Master Inspectors®.
- The Certified Master Inspector® will not engage in any act or practice that could be deemed damaging, seditious or destructive to fellow Certified Master Inspectors®.
- The Certified Master Inspector® will dress professionally when acting in the capacity of his/her profession.
I keep my education up to date with 475+ credit hours of CPE and have at least 40 certifications.
I have been fortunate enough to receive a few awards and appear in a few articles.