With all the rain that we have had this summer it is time to check your sump pumps. I still come across sump pumps that are either not plugged in or are not working properly. Sump pumps are usually found in the lowest level of your home and are used to collect water from around your foundation and pump it away from your home protecting it from water intrusion.
To check if your sump pump is working:
1. Go to the lowest point in your home and look for a black circular object like the photo above.
2. Remove the lid.
3. Look inside with a flashlight.
4. Identify if you have a pump.
5. If you have a pump and there is standing water in the pit your pump may not be operating.
6. To check the pump operation add enough water to ensure the float is activating the float switch.
7. If the pump does not activate, call a licensed plumber for assistance.
8. If you don't have a pump, I recommend you call a licensed plumber for assistance.
For more information see: www.nachi.org/sump-pumps.htm https://happydiyhome.com/sump-pump/